< BoatJump to navigation Jump to search
- Water transportation : Add brief definition or description
- Navigation : Techniques for determining one's own position, a feasible course to be taken to a desired new position, and journeying on that course
- Marine propulsion : Power source and means of propelling ships in straight lines through water; some systems also may add directional control
- Rowing : Both an Olympic-level sport and the act of manually propelling a small boat by using oars.
- Canoe : Add brief definition or description
- Sailboat : Add brief definition or description
- Fishing vessel : Add brief definition or description
- Landing craft : A boat or other self-propelled watercraft, carried aboard a ship, intended for amphibious warfare or similar operations where landings at a prepared seaport are not practical. Such a craft may discharge troops or equipment on the beach, or may be capable of independent movement on land.
- Boat racing : Add brief definition or description
- Yacht : A recreational water vehicle, which either may be of specific types used in sailing races, or a general term for a luxury private vessel