CZ Talk:Council Discussions
|Announcements||Discussions||ME Announcements||Council homepage||Help system|
Request Technical Staff to repair dysfunctional <math> markup code translation
Motion – Request Technical Staff to repair dysfunctional <math> markup code translation
Because numerous Citizendium articles contain mathematical expressions, it is important that the markup code used to formulate them be properly translated after saving the edit page. Otherwise it reflects poorly on the quality of Citizendium’s compendium of knowledge.
Accordingly the Citizendium Council requests that the technical staff, under the leadership of Greg Sabino Mullane, explore that problem, detailed at
and work to remedy it with high priority.
Member’s votes (yes/no; three 'yes' votes needed for motion to pass)
Russell D. Jones: Yes
Gareth Leng: Yes
Three members of four have voted yes, which is a majority, and therefore the motion passes.
I will contact the Technical Staff and call their attention to this motion.
Proposal for a Special Election to fill Managing Editor position and to vote on a Referendum on future governance of Citizendium
I propose a Special Election to fill the position of Managing Editor, which also authorizes a referendum on future governance as it appears in [http://en.citizendium.org/wiki?title=CZ_Talk:Council&oldid=100853228#Formal_petition_on_new_governance John Stephenson's petition], and allows Citizen-initiated referenda.
1) The November 2016 Special Election shall use Ballotbin.com in order to speed up counting and provide for anonymous voting. Voters will register by e-mail via the wiki to an account to ensure that only CZ account holders can vote. Voters who previously registered for the June 2016 shall automatically be included if still eligible. Citizens will be sent a link that will allow them to vote and view provisional results as soon as the ballot closes.
2) The Council appoints an Election Committee for the Special Election, comprising John Stephenson (Chair) and Hayford Peirce. The Council also appoints Pat Palmer to audit the results.
3) The referendum proposal in [http://en.citizendium.org/wiki?title=CZ_Talk:Council&oldid=100853228#Formal_petition_on_new_governance John Stephenson's petition] shall automatically appear on the ballot.
4) The Special Election shall allow properly-supported Citizen-initiated referenda to be proposed.
5) The timetable for the Special Election shall be as follows:
- Begin accepting nominations, referendum proposals and voter registrations at 00:01 UTC on Sunday, October 16th 2016;
- Close the period for nominations, nomination acceptances and referendum proposals at midnight UTC on Saturday, October 29th 2016;
- Begin accepting ballots from eligible voters from 00:01 UTC on Sunday, October 30th 2016;
- Close voter registration period at midnight UTC on Friday, November 4th 2016;
- Stop accepting ballots at midnight UTC on Saturday, November 5th 2016 (provisional results available immediately);
- Ratify and officially publish the results by midnight UTC on Monday, November 7th 2016.
6) The results shall be ratified by Anthony Sebastian as the Council's delegate, then officially-published.
Request Council Members to vote on a Special Election and a Referendum Proposal
John Stephenson has submitted a petition on new governance: John Stephenson's petition
I also have submitted a motion for an allowed Special Election to fill Managing Editor position, which also authorizes a referendum on future governance as it appears in [http://en.citizendium.org/wiki?title=CZ_Talk:Council&oldid=100853228#Formal_petition_on_new_governance John Stephenson's petition], and allows Citizen-initiated referenda:
Please vote 'yes' or 'no' on the motion given in the link just above.
Anthony Sebastian: Yes
Russell D. Jones:
Two 'yes' vote are required for passage of the motion.