Mars (planet)/External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- The Planet Mars: A History of Observation and Discovery,William Sheehan, The University of Arizona Press, Tucson, 1996
- Detection of methane in the Martian atmosphere: evidence for life?,Vladimir A. Krasnopolsky, Jean-Pierre Maillard, Tobias C. Owen, Icarus, 172 (2), 537-547.
- NASA's Mars fact sheet
- 3D maps of Mars in NASA World Wind
- Google Mars Interactive image of Mars
- Flight Into Mariner Valley NASA/JPL/Arizona State University 3D flythrough of Valles Marineris
- Marsgeo.com Mars Rover photos, videos & surface geology
- Nine Planets Mars page
- Introduction to Martian topography, with Hubble Space Telescope photos
- FU Berlin: HRSC (camera) experiment at Mars Express (eng. & ger.; press releases and high resolution images)
- Technical Notes about Time on Mars
- On Mars: Exploration of the Red Planet 1958-1978 from the NASA History Office.
- A Trip Into Space Photos and descriptions of Mars
- Martian Law - a CATO white paper
- Computer Simulation of a flyby through Mariner Valley
- Mars Unearthed - Comparisons of terrains between Earth and Mars
- 3D VRML Mars globe
- Ralph Aeschliman's Online Atlas of Mars
- Planets - Mars A kid's guide to Mars.
- Is there Global Warming on Mars?
- BBC: Wheels on Mars
- Space.com: All About Mars
- Geody Mars World's search engine that supports NASA World Wind, Celestia, and other applications.
- Highly visible ice lake found on Mars - BBC
- Dr. Tony Phillips: "Making a Splash on Mars", Science@NASA article, June 29, 2000. Phillips describes the Martian "gullies" and explains the conditions under which liquid water can exist on the surface of Mars.
- BBC News story on subsurface ice deposits on Mars
- BBC News update on Mars Express' findings of polar water ice and water-eroded features on the surface
- Mars Rover Scientists Wring Water Story from Rocks This image taken by Mars Rover Opportunity shows microscopic rock forms indicating past signs of water. Courtesy: NASA
- BBC News Mars pictures reveal frozen sea
- The Political Economy of Very Large Space Projects (Journal Of Evolution and Technology)
- exploreMarsnow Interactive Mars base simulation. Winner of 2003 Webby Award for Science.
- NASA Mars Exploration Rover Home Page
- Be on Mars Anaglyphs from the Mars Rovers (3D)
- Martian Travel Guide Student's project for Catch a Star