National Ambient Air Quality Standards/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to National Ambient Air Quality Standards, or pages that link to National Ambient Air Quality Standards or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Health science : The helping professions that use applied science to improve health and to treat disease.
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Atmospheric chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Air pollutant : Add brief definition or description
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- Chemical Engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Clean Air Act (U.S.) : A law enacted by the U.S. Congress that defines the responsibilities of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) for protecting and improving the nation's air quality and the stratospheric ozone layer.
- Pollutant : Any substance introduced into the environment that adversely affects the usefulness of a natural resource or the health of humans, animals, or ecosystems.
- Smog : The hazy, unhealthy polluted air which accumulates over cities and other regions under certain conditions.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : An agency of the federal government of the United States of America whose mission is to protect human health and safeguard the natural environment (air, water and land) of the nation