Open data/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Open science : A movement aimed at making the process of scientific research more transparent both within and beyond the scientific community, and at sharing its results with the widest possible audience.
- Open notebook science : The practice of keeping a research notebook in public by means of Web 2.0.
- Data (general) : "Pieces of information", especially numbers or quantities
- Bermuda Principles : A set of community norms concerning the sharing of human genomic data.
- Panton Principles : A set of recommendations on how to label scientific research data that are made public, with the aim of facilitating reproducibility and reuse.
- De-identification : Add brief definition or description
- Data sharing : The practice of making data available to interested parties who have not gathered them.
- Open source : A common shorthand for open source software.
- Open access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Open Knowledge Foundation : A non-profit organization in the UK dedicated to promoting open knowledge; founded in 2004.
- Science Commons : A branch of Creative Commons dedicated to making the results of scientific research available in public for use and reuse.
- Linked data : A system in which a given piece of information receives a permanent and unique identifier which determines its location on the World Wide Web.
- Machine-readable data : Data structured in a way that they lend themselves to algorithmic analysis.
- CC0 : A Creative Commons license that can be used to waive copyrights, or parts thereof.
- PDDL : Add brief definition or description