< RomaniaJump to navigation Jump to search
- Balkan peninsula : Geographic name for a region of southeastern Europe, surrounded by the Black Sea to the east, by Aegean, Mediterranean and Ionian Sea to the south, and by the Adriatic Sea to the west.
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Communism : A political ideology, and also a system of government, according to which the means of production (including all large business concerns) should be controlled by the government.
- Danube River : Europe's second longest river, about 2860 km long, second only to the Volga River.
- Romanian language : A Romance language spoken in southeastern Europe, mainly in Romania and Moldova.
- Soviet support for Iran during the Iran-Iraq War : Soviet efforts to maintain a positive relationship during and after the Iran-Iraq War; they regarded Iran as more strategically important than Iraq
- Vipera ammodytes montandoni : Venomous viper subspecies found in Bulgaria and southern Romania.
- Moldova : Landlocked country in Eastern Europe, located between Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east and south.
- Serbia : Landlocked, former Yugoslav republic (population c. 10.2 million; capital Belgrade) in south-eastern Europe, having borders with Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia.
- Ukraine : A large Slavic nation in Eastern Europe whose capital is Kyiv (Kiev).
- Clifford Zinnes : Expert, IRIS Center for economic research and Faculty Affiliate, School of Public Policy, University of Maryland; Former Fellow, Belfer Center Intrastate Conflict Program; Former Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Romania. Needs checking by a human.
- Adoption : In childcare, a legal act in which existing parental rights are terminated and are instead granted to adoptive parents.
- Amphetamine : A synthetic central nervous system stimulant which is used, today, to treat limited medical disorders.
- Black Sea : A non-tidal body of water on the borders of south-east Europe, linking to the Mediterranean.
- Bulgaria : Mountainous republic (population c. 7.3 million; capital Sofia) in south-eastern Europe, bordered by Romania to the north (with River Danube as border); the Black Sea to the east; Greece and Turkey to the south; and Yugoslavia and Macedonia to the west.
- Casa Capşa : A historic restaurant in Bucharest, Romania, first established in 1852.
- Constantin Brâncuşi : (1876-1957), Romanian sculptor known for his modernism and abstraction.
- David Kessler (actor) : Prominent actor in the first great era of Yiddish theater.
- Dialect continuum : Range of dialects spoken across a large geographical area, differing only slightly between areas that are geographically close, and gradually decreasing in mutual intelligibility as the distances become greater.
- Dimitrie Paciurea : (1873 - 1932), Romanian sculptor known for a representational and symbolic style.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 27 European states.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- Florin Fodor : Adventurous illegal immigrant, who dodged icebergs for thousands of kilometers, trying to sneak into Canada.
- Grise Fiord : Add brief definition or description
- György Ligeti : Add brief definition or description
- International Mathematical Olympiad : Add brief definition or description
- Iran-Iraq War : Add brief definition or description
- Lightning : Add brief definition or description
- List of rivers by length : Add brief definition or description
- Maize : Add brief definition or description
- Mămăligă : Add brief definition or description
- Naples : Add brief definition or description
- Petroleum refining processes : Add brief definition or description
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh : Add brief definition or description
- Romance languages : Add brief definition or description
- Romania (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Russian language : Add brief definition or description
- Wannsee Conference : Add brief definition or description