|Space Exploration Technologies Corporation|
|Founded||2002, by Elon Musk|
|Headquarters||1310 East Grand Avenue|
El Segundo , CA
|Product/Service||Launch Vehicle Development|
Products and Services
- Merlin Engine - A medium thrust LOX / Kerosene rocket motor. The propellant, of the Merlin engine, is fed via a single shaft, dual impeller turbo-pump using a gas generator cycle. The turbo-pump is also used for hydraulic power during launch. The working hydraulic fluid is the kerosine fuel, saving weight and reducing system complexity.
- Falcon 1 - A two stage to orbit rocket using one Merlin engine on the first stage.
- Length: 21.3 m (70 ft)
- Width: 1.7 m (5.5 ft)
- Mass: 38,555 kg (85 klbs)
- Liftoff Thrust: 454 kN (102 klbf)
- Falcon 9 - A nine engine rocket.
- Flight 1, failed shortly after takeoff
- Flight 2, failure do to second stage fuel slosh
- Flight 3, failure do to residual thrust error
- Flight 4, reached orbit
- Flight 5, carrying the RazakSAT satellite to orbit
First Falcon 9 Launch - TBD
COTS contract with NASA
Joint Ventures and Partnerships
Air Force Space Command today announced it has given its blessing for SpaceX to operate Space Launch Complex 40 at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. This may be where the first launches of the Falcon 9 launch vehicle. Complex 40 is the old Titan 4 launch complex on the northern end of the Cape.
Kwajalein Army Range
Future launches at the Kwajalein Army Range (Reagan Test Site) will test the Falcon 1 launch vehicle.
The CEO of SpaceX, Elon Musk, stated Wallops Island is "arguably the best launch site in the country" to get to the International Space Station (ISS). The advantages are: rocket launches from Wallops Island limit risks to population centers, and the latitude is better aligned to the ISS orbit. This alignment with the ISS orbit requires less fuel is needed for the spacecraft to match orbits. "Wallops is better suited to service the space station than Cape Canaveral. I think Wallops is really a contender." 
- Armadillo Aerospace
- JP Aerospace
- Masten Space Systems
- Scaled Composites - Winner of the first X Prize.
- XCOR Aerospace
- List of Aerospace Companies
Media & Articles
- Interview with Elon Musk and VP of Development Operations (NasaSpaceFlight.com, January 20, 2006)
- Broadcast interviews with Elon Musk about SpaceX (The Space Show)