- Born in Toulouse (France) Aug 9, 1941
- Nationality : French
- Emeritus professor of Cell Biology, Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis
- professional address : Centre Commun de Microscopie Appliquée, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice, France
- First important scientific publication :
- Nicaise G. (1967) Neuro-interstitial junction in a Gastropod, Glossodoris, Nature (Lond.) 216, 1222-1223.
- and last
- Thirion S, Troadec JD, Pivovarova NB, Pagnotta S, Andrews SB, Leapman RD, Nicaise G (1999) Stimulus-secretion coupling in neurohypophysial nerve endings: A role for intravesicular sodium? Proc Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 96, 3206-3210.
I was initially a zoologist, with some expertise on molluscs, I became a cell biologist, with expertise in cellular neurobiology, glia, electron microscopy and X-ray microanalysis. I was particularly interested lately in human skin and axonal transport.
As a citizen, I feel concerned by the maintenance and well being of our world ecosystem and I do not want to hide that I am a member of the french green party (Les Verts).