Web 2.0/Related Articles
< Web 2.0Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- World Wide Web : A global collection of information presented in the form of documents hosted on networked computers and available to the public.
- Blog : A type of website, usually personal, often organized with posts in reverse chronological order.
- Wiki : A website that allows anyone (with registration required or not) to edit any page and to add new pages.
- Online social network : Add brief definition or description
- : A pedagogy which empowers students to become both teacher and student; a learning-by-doing approach using digital technologies.
- Medicine 2.0 : Add brief definition or description
- Science 2.0 : An umbrella term used to label the use of Web 2.0 tools for scientific purposes.
- Charles Leadbeater : Web 2.0 philosopher whose main idea is We-Think.
- Tim O'Reilly : WWW media and software developer responsible for the term Web 2.0.
- Semantic Web : Tim Berners-Lee's concept of a "web of knowledge", whereby web-based document contents would be annotated and classified so that computers can parse the classifications and provide search results based on the semantic information (what the content means), rather than simply on matching of text strings.
- Web Squared : Add brief definition or description
- Citizen science : Scientific research projects involving data gathered by people without formal scientific training.