< BuddhismJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:39, 8 September 2020 by (→Other related topics: adding Pali Canon to related articles)
- See also changes related to Buddhism, or pages that link to Buddhism or to this page or whose text .
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Buddhism in the United States :
- Buddhist councils : Local, national, regional or international gatherings of Buddhist leaders to discuss matters of religious doctrine or tradition, comparable, in the view of some, to Christian councils, synods or ecumenical councils.
- Buddhist Ethics : Add brief definition or description
- Eightfold Path : Add brief definition or description
- Four Noble Truths : Add brief definition or description
Branches of Buddhism
- Mahayana Buddhism : Add brief definition or description
- Theravada : One of the major divisions of Buddhism
- Tibetan Buddhism : a Mahayana form of Buddhism having as its spiritual head, the Dalai Lama.
- Vajrayana Buddhism : Add brief definition or description
- Zen Buddhism : Add brief definition or description
- Pure Land Buddhism : Add brief definition or description
- Nichiren Buddhism : Add brief definition or description
- Ajanta Caves : A series of caves in Maharashtra state, India, some used by Buddhist monks in the 2nd century BCE and others in the 5th century CE, containing important Buddhist art.
- Meditation : A variety of techniques that help isolate one's thinking from external stimuli, to induce a state of rest, or a state in which spiritual issues may be contemplated
- Pali Canon : the scriptures of Theravada Buddhism